Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rad bleed nipple sheard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipop

Gas Engineer
Where can I buy drill bit ,tap and new bleed nipple to repair sheard nipple in rad and what sizes do I use

I managed to get a handful of nipples from the supplier of the rad via Plumbcentre free of charge even though it was disc. Was just the head that sheared & not the thread so didn't require tapping. You'll be able to pick up a tapping kit from any hardware store. Find a supplier that has a slightly larger nipple than what you have now, phone them & get them posted free of charge then tap the rad to suit the the new nipples.

As for size, I'm not sure. Try tapping various sizes in a piece of metal till you find a good fit for the nipple then cut your rad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Last edited by a moderator:
I ll have a look on amazon for taps and extractors ,it is a myson round top so I ll need at least a m6 nipple I use to have book with drill and tap sizes but the wife will have put it somewhere safe so I ll never find it !Cheers

if the broken nipple is not leaking , you could just leave it in place and drill & tap the other side of radiator. this would allow you to use any size of nipple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad bleed nipple sheard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I...
Replies
Views
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock