Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn back boiler combi boiler marriage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrishands

Hi guys, my names Chris, I've come on here for abit of advice so I have an idea of what I want before I ask for it and get mugged on price on a job.

currently I have my house heated and hot water supplied by a fairly new Worcester Bosch green star boiler, it's great, works fine.

however I mainly heat my house using 2 multi fuel stoves, and I want to do away with them and plumb in a Rayburn solid fuel cooker that I bought.

i wanted to get the Rayburn to heat radiators only and keep the combi boiler for hot water, is this possible?

if I can do heating only from the Rayburn back boiler then do I need a copper tank ect?

also is there a way to combine the combi boiler and back boiler onto the same circuit in case I'm too lazy to light the Rayburn?

any technical advice will be really appreciated, thanks,
chris

Welcome to the forum chris, there are a few Rayburn guys on here but they don`t tend to log on every day so expect a short delay for good advice eh?

What output is the Rayburn? It may not be man enough to heat the house on its own. You can combine the two through a thermal store and keep the hot water still from the combi. You could then use hot water from the combi in the summer and not have to heat the thermal store.

Hi thanks guys, much friendlier than electricians forum!

Sounds just what I want, my Rayburn is a Rayburn number 2 and has 100,000 Btu's I think, i live in a 3 bed semi with loft conversion that gets occasional use, not sure if Rayburn is powerful enough?

Is a thermal store big compared to a copper tank?

The Rayburn will probably be big enough although heat loss calcs should always be carried out. A thermal store is a copper tank with multiple tappins to allow for various heat inputs. They are available in various sizes. Have a look at a website called Heatweb which has some good info and the Gledhill site. If you go down this route your installer will be able to advise the best solution.

Hi guys, my names Chris, I've come on here for abit of advice so I have an idea of what I want before I ask for it and get mugged on price on a job.

currently I have my house heated and hot water supplied by a fairly new Worcester Bosch green star boiler, it's great, works fine.

however I mainly heat my house using 2 multi fuel stoves, and I want to do away with them and plumb in a Rayburn solid fuel cooker that I bought.

i wanted to get the Rayburn to heat radiators only and keep the combi boiler for hot water, is this possible?

if I can do heating only from the Rayburn back boiler then do I need a copper tank ect?

also is there a way to combine the combi boiler and back boiler onto the same circuit in case I'm too lazy to light the Rayburn?

any technical advice will be really appreciated, thanks,
chris

What a quote !!!! I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn back boiler combi boiler marriage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock