Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Regardign water supply in flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shineywilson

Hi, I am ShineyWilson. I am new to this forum. I have recently bought a ground floor flat 2 bedroom. I couldnt find out how the water supply works here. Is there any way to find it?

My doubts are
how to find where the rising main is?
Does the water supply direct from pipe or indirect thru storage tanks for the cold and hot water system?

Expecting your expert advice.

Regards,
Shiney

Hi. There are so many types of building and flat conversions that it would be difficult to be specific. My first port of call being the person who sold you the property or their agent. You should have a dedicated mains supply entering the flat, look at low level in the kitchen cupboards, bathroom and any other nook or cranie that may be present. If possable trace the cold supply to the kitchen sink back as far as you can. At some point a valve will appear. If all else fails check out with the neighbours, they may have a similar layout. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regardign water supply in flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock