Discuss Removing a stubborn tap valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Annnie

Hi folks
I'm trying to remove the valves of my bath mixer taps (they are against the wall). I've tried various DIY spanners, pliers, WD40 etc but it just wont budge.

So are there any tricks or special tools for getting the valve out?

Sorry photo is sideways :)

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tonycane but it just slips off. Its not 'rounded' but its just not budging.:disappointed:

Thanks Tonycane but it just slips off. Its not 'rounded' but its just not budging.:disappointed:

16mm then if that won't fit try an imperial/ adjustable movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing a stubborn tap valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, trying to replace a Victorian mixer tap head for bath as old one getting stiff. I've got cap off and taken screw out however can't remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have this monobloc basin mixer tap in my bathroom. It was installed 11 years ago, but the hot valve has started to drip from the top...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock