Discuss Replacement brass reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alan

Hi' i'm struggling to get hold of a pair of replacement male-female brass reducers to use on some old taps. They are 1" to 1/2" (plumbing size NOT actual size). The inner thread (1/2") is 14TPI, the outer (1") is about 25TPI. The only ones I can find have 11tpi on the 1" thread.
They old ones have a lip at the top of the thread with space for a washer and a hexagonal top-this is really rounded hence why I want to replace them. They are also quite short-the threaded part is only about 1/4"

Any ideas where I can find some replacements? Or is it a custom job?

Cheers!

Hi Alan, 1/2 inch should be 14 TPI and 1 inch should be 11 TPI if a BSP thread. 25 TPI sounds metric a 1 mm pitch. If old fitting this is unlikely. If 26 TPI I would suspect British Standard Brass however usually used on tube. Either way probably a custom job. Could you restore the flats with a file?

Thanks for the replies...
erpkid: Unfortunatley there isn't much room to file them down-i've managed to get them off using threadlock and a heat gun, but I don't know how long they'll last.
Snowhead: yes, the 1" is in the body of the old taps-i've not come across the restorer kits before, but the reducers in the kit at your link look similar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement brass reducer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to source adaptors/reducers for the below taps for my renocation We have the tap ware currently but Union adaptors are needed to fit...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
The inside brass threads in my Moen rough in two handle Roman tub valve (Moen | Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets, Shower Heads, Accessories & More -...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back