Discuss Replacement integrated dishwasher not going all the way back in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.

Bought a new dishwasher, which fits in the space of the old one horizontally but it doesn't go back far enough. It's very close to being flush but not enough. The difference is around 1.5cm.

Can someone please tell me how to get this fitting properly?
LlCPQwE.jpg

0LOab46.jpg
OH2rKo8.jpg
Jzr2sRl.jpg

Last edited:
You can’t need to remove / reroute the two pipes

Sadly lots of appliances are getting "deeper" - probably because of insulation, so issues like this with appliances are becoming more frequent.

Thank you for your replies.

I was the one who originally fitted all the pipework, so it's time to do it again.

I figured out a way to have it all run in the gap at the bottom. I've hit a snag though!

I drained all the pipes and made sure there was no water in them. Worked my way through it all until I got to the mains supply.

That's when I started having problems. I've soldered a 90 degree elbow to it and all looked fine. Turned the water back on from outside and damn, it's leaking!

So, whilst heating up the elbow, I've caused water below ground to evaporate and unfortunately I just can't seem to remove it all.

I've heated it up several times and each time there is more steam and hissing. I'm out of energy and ideas at the moment. Can anyone please tell me how I can remedy this?

kseex59.jpg
mNABShm.jpg
zd4lwUM.jpg
eU4YRzR.jpg

YfnxCET.jpg

By the way, when I first soldered the elbow in the last photo it looked beautiful. As with each joint, I used used abrasive on the ends of the pipe, used flux, heated up the connector in the middle and the solder went into the joints wonderfully.

Chop the elbow off just to the right of the socket on the horizontal with a hacksaw or grinder depending on what you feel best with

Then just a bottle spray eg like you get with spray cleaners eg ciff etc

Dip the tube in as far it will go or upto it’s max then start spraying into a container/ bowl until there’s no more

Then reheat the elbow and pull it off once ready

Then clean everything and re do the elbow

Thank you for your reply. I don't quite follow, what am I trying to achieve here?

I can heat it up and remove the pipe from the elbow. I wasn't sure why I needed to cut it off and what the spray bottle is for?

I think it would help if I showed you how it looks at the moment.

s66Ri5D.jpg
bkBQSDC.jpg

If it leaked then there must have been a gap despite it looking beautiful! Bad luck. It's always a nightmare when water hangs around. ShaunCorbs is suggesting using a spray bottle stem to pump out any remaining water (if you don't have a wet vacuum cleaner handy) but you have to be quick with the soldering after you think its all dry so give it one last suck out after cleaning it all up and get right on to it with the flame.

Okay, that makes sense. I'll try that in the morning.

Why doesn't adjusting the amount of gas or twisting the nozzle change the size of the flame? It seems to create a huge flame no matter what I do. I want it to pinpoint much more so I don't have a huge flame.

I know I am aiming to hit the tip of the blue flame on the area that I was solder to be sucked into.

HTfgLAq.jpg

Use the gas flow knob to adjust intensity eg open it just enough for the flame to light and then back 1/16

Also leave an end open for the steam to exit on the pipe eg tap open / anything

Reply to Replacement integrated dishwasher not going all the way back in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Moved into a 5 year old ‘new build’ property recently and the toilet was leaking from where the tank meets the bowl. Nothing...
Replies
Views
Hello All, We recently had a plumber out to replace a pan connector as the previous set up had developed a leak, however, following the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I,'m after some advice please. We have recently had a new bathroom fitted by a professional fitter. We chose the units and he purchased and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock