Discuss Replacement integrated dishwasher not going all the way back in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Use the gas flow knob to adjust intensity eg open it just enough for the flame to light and then back 1/16

Also leave an end open for the steam to exit on the pipe eg tap open / anything
Thank you, that does work. Although the blue flame either flickers like a candle or goes into flame thrower mode. So, twisting the nozzle does absolutely nothing then?

Around 49 seconds that’s the flame you want

Thank you!

So in the morning, I need to remove the pipe from the elbow and get the water below floor level out as much as possible.

What's the best way to cleanly remove the pipe from the elbow? Add flux on top first, hold the pipe firmly whilst applying pressure to pull it away at the same time as heating? How about afterwards?

Heat the elbow up, you will start to see it start to spit solder / little fire balls come from the elbow with your grips wiggle the elbow off if it doesn’t move give it a few more seconds then try again if it still doesn’t move tap the underside of the top joint with your grips up should move

Then use a fine file to remove all the solder etc

Then use a bit of Emory sand paper on a roll to sand it good to remove any last bits of anything

Right, I removed the copper from the elbow and was a bit shocked by what I discovered. I've no idea how this happened other than assuming I got the copper red hot and as I did that, the pressure from water residue blew a hole in it?
RL0NDSc.jpg
biSJbn2.jpg
UtgDBc1.jpg
XivkiY3.jpg

Okay, now I am concerned. I heated up the pipe and no matter how hot it got, it would not budge.

I tried again and it's still not moving. I'm basically left with no pipe to work with if I cut this away under the connector.

FFVvMEU.jpg
n7BuPpE.jpg

I think there must still be water down below. Even if you can't see it when the flame is on, steam can still be transporting much of the heat away. Can you dip a pipe-cleaner or other kind of wick to get an idea of the amount of water still in the pipe?

Looks like it may be plugged with solder. Given that this pipe has a pressure reducing valve on it further along under the cabinets it must be joined to the main supply - but where? There should be a stop tap or isolating valve that you're using to isolate this?

Looks like it may be plugged with solder. Given that this pipe has a pressure reducing valve on it further along under the cabinets it must be joined to the main supply - but where? There should be a stop tap or isolating valve that you're using to isolate this?
The pressure reducing valve has been removed and will not be put back. I've stripped it back to basics.

In the last photo, you can see that I can managed to remove the copper pipe from the elbow that goes to all the pipes in the house. So, what you see in the photos at the moment is the pipe, with a useless elbow on it that I need to remove, which comes from the main supply outside through the ground and comes up through the floor here.

I have the kitchen tap open, the outside tap open and there shouldn't be any pressure/water left.

I would have plumbed it all differently originally if it wasn't for the fact that we have a water meter. I'm guessing that could be part of the problem with moisture being retained as it doesn't generate enough pressure to allow movement through the meter? The meter is much higher up so at the moment any moisture is allowed to drop using gravity to the copper pipe that I have cut off and shows in the photo to the left of the elbow.

Reply to Replacement integrated dishwasher not going all the way back in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Moved into a 5 year old ‘new build’ property recently and the toilet was leaking from where the tank meets the bowl. Nothing...
Replies
Views
Hello All, We recently had a plumber out to replace a pan connector as the previous set up had developed a leak, however, following the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I,'m after some advice please. We have recently had a new bathroom fitted by a professional fitter. We chose the units and he purchased and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock