Search the forum,

Discuss replacing diverter valve without removing diverter housing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wesley

hi guys

i have a rubbish boiler yep you guess it correct. ISAR HE30. i got it free via warmfront.

anyway. 3 years ago, the problem started when the hot water sent to radiators. plumber came and replaced the diverter valve/actuator and charged me £300 for everything.

last year the boiler stopped working and displayed error message (cant remember what was the message). i researched the error message and it was the faulty PCB so i decided to replace it myself. bought new one and replaced it myself. it was dead easy.

last night the hot water is sending to radiators again grrrr. but after switch off and on the boilder. its fine now. i think the diverter valve is sticnking and will fail very soon. i look up the manual and it looks very easy to replace the diverter valve but the question is do i have take the diverter housing out before replace the diverter valve cartridge (part no 174200 or 173967, will check the colour of box head when i get home). ? will it damage the gasket if i need to take the housing out?

or can i just remove the actutor and replace the diverter valve cartridge?

oblviously i'll drain the water first

cheers

You need to get someone in. Don't mess with it yourself as there are other things that need looking at to make sure that the boiler is operating safely because these boilers had a problem on them.

If you didn't like the heating engineer you used last time then try someone else recommended to you or post your location up on here and some one may be able to help you.

hi guys

i have a rubbish boiler yep you guess it correct. ISAR HE30. i got it free via warmfront.

anyway. 3 years ago, the problem started when the hot water sent to radiators. plumber came and replaced the diverter valve/actuator and charged me £300 for everything.

last year the boiler stopped working and displayed error message (cant remember what was the message). i researched the error message and it was the faulty PCB so i decided to replace it myself. bought new one and replaced it myself. it was dead easy.

last night the hot water is sending to radiators again grrrr. but after switch off and on the boilder. its fine now. i think the diverter valve is sticnking and will fail very soon. i look up the manual and it looks very easy to replace the diverter valve but the question is do i have take the diverter housing out before replace the diverter valve cartridge (part no 174200 or 173967, will check the colour of box head when i get home). ? will it damage the gasket if i need to take the housing out?

or can i just remove the actutor and replace the diverter valve cartridge?

oblviously i'll drain the water first

cheers

please read the forum rules. You will not get any advice on here relating to gas appliances. This is to protect YOU!
for a start, you mention to replace this part looks easy. But to need advice, means it not as easy as first thought.
if you do go ahead and replace this "easy" part. Ask yourself, how do I check afterwards for gas tightness and correct boiler function and combustion?
The answer is, you can't and don't know how.
dont put yourself and family in danger to save a few pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing diverter valve without removing diverter housing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock