Discuss right size boiler spec in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If I am interpreting you correctly in that you have a separate gas fired stored "DHW cylinder" then no or certainly not easily, you have plenty of spare capacity in your CH boiler to suppy a conventional DHW cylinder and can't see any efficiency gains the other way.
Correct.
Thanks for your help.
Do you think that installing a PV diverter would be a good investment replacing gas for hot water?

You will get a good feel for it if you compare the price (and amount) of your grid export vs gas cost of producing the same amount of DHW.

You will get a good feel for it if you compare the price (and amount) of your grid export vs gas cost of producing the same amount of DHW.
Have to do it someday and it make sense for conversion, gas is still cheaper than electricity. When I had installed PV in Jan 2022, my unit cost for PV generation has come down 40% in 1 year owing to increase in electricity tarriffs whereas the cost of installing a PV system has doubled literally ($ parity). Gas is still cheaper but it is a matter of couple of years when we'll run out of our own and will rely on imported gas which will be at par with electricity.

Reply to right size boiler spec in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock