Discuss risk from a copper pipe with little support? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice about whether there is any risk from a pipe in a flat I just moved into (not in UK).

Under the kitchen sink, the cold water enters through a copper pipe that has been bent upwards in a weird shape so that it can reach the sink. They’ve done this because a drainage pipe (for a washing machine) is in the way, flush against the wall. The copper pipe isn’t attached to the wall for a good 1.5 feet or so. It also has a heavy-looking brass shut-off valve at the top of it. It seems relatively stable.

I know it’s not a great set-up, but my specific concern is that the pipe might leak (or even burst?) because it has so little support. Any thoughts on whether this is very likely with a copper pipe installed like this?

Very grateful for your help!

36D7389B-950C-45BC-9CFA-D3B018B2D971.jpeg

You are right it doesn’t look good however the likelihood of the stress of the weight of water in the foot and a half of copper pipe I would say there was minimal chance of the copper pipe bursting. I think the thing to question is is it putting any and you stress on the flexible pipe towards the end as it hits the tap

Reply to risk from a copper pipe with little support? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock