Discuss Rotting terminal on linea 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got a problem with a linea 28 keeps coming up 04 fan/flue fault.

Before me somebody has installed an aps and heat exchanger.

I have cleaned Venturi worked ok for 5 mins then back to 04. So I said it could be the fan is running slightly slow and hasn't got the power behind it. (It's a twin flue so it's a long run but within limits) but due to previous problem I had here wanted to get a roof ladder out here to inspect terminal. The company disagreed with me so I fitted a new fan and swapped the venturis as well whilst doing it. Still no change. I think it could be a rotten flue terminal causing the problem something that I suspected a while back.

The previous problem was high co on the boiler I found a dodgy gasket on the twin-vertical flue adapter. Replaced that made it slightly better but still high. I said that it needed terminal inspecting properly as that is the only place the flue duct and air duct are together. The "top" engineer came out and sorted the high CO problem by dropping the burner pressure 2.5mb lower than it should be.

Is this possible that the terminal could cause all this problem? My problem is I don't have a roof rack ladders or roof ladder otherwise I would run up there and check it and my company don't listen as their "top" bloke doesn't think you can have a faulty terminal!

2014-04-02 15.46.56.jpg2014-04-02 16.21.17.jpg

Ok, so I thought i would have a go a re-greasing a fan. Blimey what a mission. As you can see from the above pictures it was not very successful. how do you get to the bearings to grease them? I could not undo the nut connected to the motor shaft to be able to move fan to get to screws to get to bearings. It was a disater

Ok, so I thought i would have a go a re-greasing a fan. Blimey what a mission. As you can see from the above pictures it was not very successful. how do you get to the bearings to grease them? I could not undo the nut connected to the motor shaft to be able to move fan to get to screws to get to bearings. It was a disater

that's brilliant!!! :) Only fan's I've ever washed were warm air impellers. I'v scraped and brushed the ingrained dust and muck off many like the one you demolished though :lol:

I didn't think it was brilliant! Nor was i laughing. Sometimes this forum is a great help, and others a headache!! Luckily more times it is a help. Always nice to have a bash at what others do a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rotting terminal on linea 28 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock