Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss rough quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mab

Hi guys.

I have a single pipe heating system, wood stove that should heat my 4 rads. It dosen't! So I call i a guy for a quote. We left it that I would be buying materials ie pipe and new rad to fit in kitchen, I was also required by the plumber to Kangol out tracks were the new pipe will be laid drill holes in the wall for the feeds to go through and he was quoting me 660 Euro plus vat.

Is it just me or does that seem like the guy should have been a thief? I'd imagine it would be a most of the day job, but me fitting the bill for mats, laying the tracks down for him. However, I'm not in the plumbing game so this is why i'm asking.

Thanks.

As your quoting euros I`m thinking you are not uk based so how can a uk plumbers site possibly help you?

I cannot understand as to why a plumber would want you to buy all the materials.
Particularly pipe and fittings. ( Rads can be an exception - sometimes )

Can't fathom how or why a plumber would recommend or advise this.

Something doesn't add up

I cannot understand as to why a plumber would want you to buy all the materials.
Particularly pipe and fittings. ( Rads can be an exception - sometimes )

Can't fathom how or why a plumber would recommend or advise this.

Something doesn't add up

I`ve started but I can`t finish?

to answer you first offering, i might be waiting a year for anyone on an irish plumbing site to respond and converting from pounds to euros is not an issue. Just rang him and is going to get back to me. If this includes the copper 1inch pipe, which it's being converted to from 1/2 inch, it's pretty good considering the cost of pipe.

We're going from single pipe system to two pipe and i would think we need a few meters of pipe. I have to cut out the floor to lay the pipe, that i know for certain and buy new rad

If Irish rates are anything like UK rates, then for a skilled bloke, using his own tools, you should expect to pay between £40 and £80 per hour on a job like that, depending on where you are exactly.

Converting that to Euros, I would say your quote is about mid-market.

Sounds cheap enough to me, I've just quoted a job which is not too dissimilar at more than that.

Whats the bloke actually doing?

You have a stove that I presume you installed yourself and it didnt work?

So he's pulling you out of the brown smelly stuff. Hard to say if its expensive or not when you havent said what he will be actually doing.

You providing solder, flux, diesel, gas, wire wool, I could go on, but you get the drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rough quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've sourced 2 new rads that we’re looking to get installed in place of our 2 existing ones and have been quoted £350 for a direct swap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which...
Replies
Views
Hi all great site, I've just moved house and am taking my wood stove boiler with me as it's only a couple of years old, it has 4 outlets on back...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock