Search the forum,

Discuss rubbish removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

what do others do about the packaging when doing a heating job . always left with customer and explain on my quote . just done a job for landlord and forgot to list on quote as waste removal is extra - he now chasing me to remove the packaging and old aring cupboard shelves etc. well I did remove the copper for him

Just been robbed of £154 for a waste carriers license, have a feeling they'll be getting hot on it next year when the requirements tighten. I've always removed in the past but I'll be charging for it on the quote now to cover costs.

Most of ours goes in the bin at the local PTS, the rest goes in a skip on the site were on.

We take all our rubbish away then i take mine down recycle place on a sunday in my car
our other fellas do roughly the same.

Mind you any heavy stuff we dont want - out the back of the transits northbound on to
the M6 before a Mc Donalds at Lymn Truck Stop Centralheatking

Wouldn't dream of leaving all the rubbish at the end of a job for the customer to get rid of. People want to walk back in the house and everything's done, carpets back and hoovered, work tops sprayed and cleaned, holes filled and definitely not a drive with an old BBU spewing black sludge and about 20 cardboard boxes from a boiler change.

Takes a very small amount of time and they're always made up. If they let us make tea and coffee when they're out I always make the apprentice make them a brew when they come home from work, they love it. Get professional and charge the extra I say.

I charge.

Just for time and weight. You never know how long you gonna be at the tip. Sometimes straight in, sometimes a big queue.

Packaging etc usually gets broken down and put into my recycling bin. If I am doing CH jobs it's usually as part of a larger project so there is a skip there on site anyway.

Ray tells me privately that if you ask him for his post code & tel no you can all dump your
rubbish stuff in his triple garage but PLEASE dont damage his Lotus on the left CHK

Ray tells me privately that if you ask him for his post code & tel no you can all dump your
rubbish stuff in his triple garage but PLEASE dont damage his Lotus on the left CHK

Mate, if you can find even a single garage where I live, your a better man than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rubbish removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock