Discuss salamander Mains pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

still learning

Hi guys, I recently installed a little combi into a flat above chip shop, Mains cold is 4 bar and 12 lpm from one tap which is ok but when hot is used too well.....not good, when chippy opens the shower is unusable. My q is....as pressure isn't bad and flow is ok from one tap do you think this new salamander Mains pump will help to keep all taps usable at same time or not? Thanks for reading folks.

Your best bet would be to ask both Salamander and the boiler manufacturer

I wouldnt pump straight off the mains.....there is another thread on here somewhere I commented on and a guy from salamander replied( I think he was from salamander!) anyway he said best not to pump straight off mains....best to install a break tank and pump off that.

A better option might be to fit an accumulator if your pressure is good. Can uprate any pipework to the stopcock or anything?

Its water regs golden rule you cant pump off mains. You do have to install a break tank and pump off that.

Otherwise your trying to get more water than your neighbours

Have none of you ever looked at the home boost? Directly pumped, no breaktank or accumulator and WRAS approved.

I always thought you could pump mains up to 12 litres a minute.

I know the horse has now bolted but a good learning curve here, check your flows and pressures before going down the combi route.

Is it a common supply with the Chip shop?

If so may be worth looking at pipe sizes down there to see if a small upgrade will help.

The max it will give you is 12ltr min so as you already have that its no benefit. Accumulator as jimbob said, if you have the room and funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to salamander Mains pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi, After years of using a pumped electric shower (Triton t80 pumped), it's now dying and I'd like to replace it with a 'normal' mixer shower...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock