Discuss Salamander Surrey flange or essex flange? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reltub

As above, reason im asking is because ive never had to drill a cylinder and dont really want to! Any1 had any experience with the salamander flange? If so will it be as good as using an essex?

cheers

Essex flanges are easy if its an old cylinder you could possibly pin hole the top when you take out the old m/I.
As long as you've got a sharp hole saw its all good

Hi reltub

Its salamander for me every time.

As long as the old top fitting comes of ok, then its a brainless task to fit the salamander.

Whereas cutting the hole (having first cut the insulation!) then pushing the fitting through the hole (hoping that you will not drop it inside) and then making sure it is sealed, its all a bit much for me

Give me easy peasy every time.

Russ

It depends what your using it for. I once fit a shower pump and used the flange that connects to the top of the cylinder and it didn't work so had to swap it for the one you drill in the side. To this day I don't know why it wouldn't work I just thought the water all came from the same place no matter what flange was used.

It depends what your using it for. I once fit a shower pump and used the flange that connects to the top of the cylinder and it didn't work so had to swap it for the one you drill in the side. To this day I don't know why it wouldn't work I just thought the water all came from the same place no matter what flange was used.

Maybe you connected the hot water draw off to the wrong connection on the salamander?

Its easy to do as I almost did it once!

Russ

No tried it every way, I rung the pump manufacturer and they said it was because of the type of flange I'd used? God knows

Could have been a techflow pump has to be an Essex flange or warix flange, they say it can't be any other type

I think your brave to post - but thats what (I think) we are to do CHK
As above, reason im asking is because ive never had to drill a cylinder and dont really want to! Any1 had any experience with the salamander flange? If so will it be as good as using an essex?

cheers

An essex flange does the best job out of all of them for minimising air being pulled through the pump. As air rises naturally in water, any flange fitted to the top of the cylinder is by definition going to be less effective than one fitted to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander Surrey flange or essex flange? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
So a Salamander pump has been fitted. The cold feed is standard coming from tank, the hot I was supplied with an s Flange. I never use these, only...
Replies
Views
Got all my stuff together to finally fit the recirculation pump to my hot water tank, but I can't budge the immersion element. I need this out...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock