Search the forum,

Discuss Saw a returned Rothenberger tube bender yesterday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mickyplumb

Went into my local Plumbase yesterday and they had a Roberger bender behind the counter, apparently returned because the metal clips that hold the pipes (upside down U shaped hook) was crushing and marking the pipes. Had a look and instead of it being a nice round shape to correspond to the outer circumference of the tube , it was more like a V shape. No wonder it dents the pipe.

The whole tool though was pathetic. Loads of play on the arms, badly cast and machined guides and formers. Load of absolute rubbish, made in China for £1.99 and sold to us guys for 60 quid.

They must think we're w@:kers chucking out quality like this for us to try and work.

They say a bad workman always blames his tools, you know what, there maybe something in that.

There was a big recall of rothy benders a few years back due to the problem. May have been old stock.

There was a big recall of rothy benders a few years back due to the problem. May have been old stock.

Fair comment Mike but it had the small plastic thread cover on the main nut that goes through the frame and the formers. Roberger have only had that on the benders since March.

Hilmors are now made in the Far East and are imported here and are not the same quality as they once were. Bend it now are the original manufacturers of Hilmor benders and the quality is there from them. Buy British.

I have a rothenberger one and works just fine! Got
it from transtools.co.uk about 4 years ago

Gis it lol
Get the BC35, money well spent and your apprentice will be making perfect offsets for you in no time. Also can come with a handy repeat stop attachment that allows you to make accurate repeat bends.

I'm too passed it now to be bending 22mm on a handy bender, this machine makes it really easy. It's a brand new original manufactured Hilmor in all but name for under 300 quid.

You can always get it delivered to me and I'll look after it for a couple of years.

all benders have there faults. hilmor, record(same as hilmor), rothenberger and other brands have all gotten cheaper in quality over the last 10 plus years. There is also differences between new benders of the same model's due to poor manufacturing and quality control.

all benders have there faults. hilmor, record(same as hilmor), rothenberger and other brands have all gotten cheaper in quality over the last 10 plus years. There is also differences between new benders of the same model's due to poor manufacturing and quality control.

Dare I say it though, I doubt that much that has left the benditnow factory has been returned as faulty.

Ridgid hand held benders are the highest quality benders ive used, though they only come in individual sizes which can be both a help and a hinderence.:biggrinjester:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saw a returned Rothenberger tube bender yesterday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock