Discuss Sealing off isolation valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I looked at it again this morning, using PTFE tape and Jointing compound, I kept one Fibre washer as there was not much space for two....Thankfully, the water did not leak out from the joint when I tested it. Many thanks to all of you for your help :)

I looked at it again this morning, using PTFE tape and Jointing compound, I kept one Fibre washer as there was not much space for two....Thankfully, the water did not leak out from the joint when I tested it. Many thanks to all of you for your help :)
Me again...sorry.
If the isolation valve leak is fixed, I am getting now a leak from the plastric nut at the bottom of the fill valve...I checked the nut; it is tightly adjusted. May be it got a bit misaligned as I kept removing and putting back the toilet cistern...any advice please? Thank you

The nut against the cistern ?

The nut against the cistern ?
outside and at the bottom of the cistern,see please the top arrow in the attached image, leading to the external isolation valve

Attachments

• Edited1.jpg
    Edited1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 11
Need to remove it all to find out why it’s leaking might be not centred etc

Need to remove it all to find out why it’s leaking might be not centred etc
I did not screw the cistern on the wall or on the toilet seat when letting the water through; doubt this could be a cause. Here is the picture of the inside, an O-rubber seems at the bottom of the valve. The nut seems too tightly adjusted.

Attachments

• InnerFillValve.jpg
    InnerFillValve.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Sealing off isolation valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi, some advice would be great. I have an Instinct Eco-Mag fitted and it has started to leak from the port that the magnetic tube is removed from...
Replies
Views
Hello, Recently I received an unusually large water bill which led me to the discovery of leaking flush valves. I have two toilets and it turned...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock