Search the forum,

Discuss "Should " A 3 year old Vailant have had a protection filter kit ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told her that she needs a filter and it would roughly be £200 fitted (No issues there) .But was it not a requirement 3 years ago for all Vailants to have them fitted in order to get the warrantee etc ?? thanks

No only to get extra warranty eg 10-12 years but that ship has gone so no reason

Reply to "Should " A 3 year old Vailant have had a protection filter kit ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
All feedback welcome ! Here are a few details . 1.New Ecotec Vaillant boiler fitted ."protection kit/filter " paid for to get 10 year Guarantee etc . 2.Vaillant filter fitted on flow for No reason . This was coming up to 2 years ago. 3.Install company then serviced it and failed to notice...
Replies
Views
WPJ Plumbing
W
I have a 3 port valve Y plan system, with a hot water tank in airing cupboard and a cold water feeder tank in loft. I want to replace the old 25+ year old boiler. Should I just replace with a like for like condensing boiler or a combi. I understand to fit a combi involves a lot more work (more...
Replies
Views
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all through the flue hole of the last inside boiler we had copper pipes all laid on top of each other. there was an electrical cable running through a...
Replies
Views
In Brief !! About to purchase a 2 bed apartment that was let out for the last 2 years and the landlord has done a full refurb . During a visit a neighbour came over as we left and informed us that The previous tenant had complained no Gas safe landlord cert was issued to her during her...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock