Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackfitz

I have a Showerforce Easiboost 2 shower pump which has stopped working. When the pump first stopped it came back on about 2 days later but the pump sounded like it was struggling to pull water through and thus has not worked since. We are able to shower but with no power to the pump the flow is low so I hope someone can give me some advice?

Regards Jack

How old is it? Have you got some pictures of the installation?

It's sounds like it's seized would not be to unusual for it to start up few days later, but would advise on new pump if the install is not the issue as said above.

The pump is about approx 7 years old and I have never had trouble before. Here is a picture of installation.

photo.jpg

As you have isolation valves on the inlets and the outlets it wouldn`t be hard to remove the pump and check the filters aren`t blocked for a start then you could remove the cover on the cold side of the pump and look for build up of limescale. If it is worn out even replacing it is an easy job.

Change the pump mate. If it's lasted 7 years with no problems then the install is probably ok. It looks a bit messy though. But if it was working ok then no arguments really.

Thank you all for your input, I will have a go at filters etc but unfortunately I wont be able to do it till next week.

Regards Jack

Change the pump mate. If it's lasted 7 years with no problems then the install is probably ok. It looks a bit messy though. But if it was working ok then no arguments really.

Whilst I totally agree with you mate it is Sunday so unlikely to get one today so for the sake of an hour I would still look at the filters etc in the hope of getting 1 last shower out of it.

Opps, just read post #8. If you can`t touch it for a week then buy a new one.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with the non returns on the inlets?

Overkill Tom, still better than one my friend has where there are no iso valves what so ever. The pump is playing up and I`m not draining down the tanks to remove it because the house has history of air locking.

Wimp!

Overkill? Whoever fitted this is overSkilled in nothing!
Nope, I cant understand why theyre there...

Last edited:
It will be a freebie job for a friend so I`m not gonna open that can of worms mate. She had a plumber replace the ball valve in the cold water tank and I`m told it took him ages to remove the air lock.

It will be a freebie job for a friend so I`m not gonna open that can of worms mate. She had a plumber replace the ball valve in the cold water tank and I`m told it took him ages to remove the air lock.

Surely the ball valve would not require any draining or airlocks lol??

That install looks a mess... Plus it looks like its normally fully boxed in so probs overheated... Check valves on the inlets are just a restriction, I doubt it's got dedicated hit & cold supplies either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock