Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower tray waste pipe fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I am really struggling with how to do the waste pipework from a shower tray and would appreciate any advice on the best approach to take.

The tray will be sitting in a three sided recess which really complicates things. A further complication is that the soil pipe is very close by and so there is not much room for manoeuvre.

My big concern is that I don’t know what I can get away with from a flow rate perspective and i can’t test the flow until it is all fully fitted. By then it is too late and will be a nightmare to correct the problem. Everything I try involves a compromise and i beed to be certain i make the right choice.

So, two of the many options I have considered are as per the attached pictures. The first picture only has one compression joint and it is above the floor. Below floor-level is solvent weld. The concern with this option though is the fairly straight bit shown and whether that will cause an issue on a high flow trap? A different approach is seen in picture two which does have a drop from the trap, but the problem here is that I will end up with two compression joints, one of which will be slightly below floor level. I can leave a hole big enough to get to the compression joint, but I’m not sure if the first method is better?

TIA

Attachments

• E7F6E2E8-7615-440C-815B-92D9A20766AD.jpeg
    E7F6E2E8-7615-440C-815B-92D9A20766AD.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 26
  • 0259B260-D2BE-4AAB-8F69-812C052383B2.jpeg
    0259B260-D2BE-4AAB-8F69-812C052383B2.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 22

Reply to Shower tray waste pipe fitting in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock