Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Side Exit Flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do you guys measure up your side exit flues if it's a long run?

I did a 3m straight run, used a laser level where I wanted the flue hole and then dropped the template about an inch from the side exit flue guide line but the fall wasn't as much as I'd hoped for. I might have to knock a bit more wall out so I can put abut more height on the terminal end of the run.

laser level and either drop the template or raise the flue to mis spec will tell you x amount per m, so times that by length + a bit more = height or drop

laser level and either drop the template or raise the flue to mis spec will tell you x amount per m, so times that by length + a bit more = height or drop

I thought it might be something like that.. I'll have to take a look at the mis to see the rate per meter - cheers Shaun

what boiler was it jay?

what boiler was it jay?

Greenstar 18Ri mate.. what was a simple enough job turned into a pain in the rear - had a leaking joint I had to cut out and redo, no power cable in condense pump, put boiler too low initially so had to resite, fall not great on flue, pump I fitted 2 days before was faulty so had to replace that too - grrrr lol

Last edited:
How do you guys measure up your side exit flues if it's a long run?

I did a 3m straight run, used a laser level where I wanted the flue hole and then dropped the template about an inch from the side exit flue guide line but the fall wasn't as much as I'd hoped for. I might have to knock a bit more wall out so I can put abut more height on the terminal end of the run.

1" over 3 meters isn't much at all... Bosch paperwork says 52mm per meter... which is more like 6 inches

Greenstar 18Ri mate.. what was a simple enough job turned into a pain in the rear - had a leaking joint I had to cut out and redo, no power cable in condense pump, put boiler too low initially so had to resite, fall not great on flue, pump I fitted 2 days before was faulty so had to replace that too - grrrr lol

As above sorry jay needs to be about 6-6 1/4 inches fall over that

And couldn't you make a power cable up with the wire you had ?

As above sorry jay needs to be about 6-6 1/4 inches fall over that

And couldn't you make a power cable up with the wire you had ?

No to cable as it's a special connector on the pump.

**** regarding flue :( I'll have to make some time and raise it higher

Cheers guys

No to cable as it's a special connector on the pump.

**** regarding flue :( I'll have to make some time and raise it higher

Cheers guys

That's strange what cond pump was it ?

Jet.. has a 5 pin connector on it

Ahhh I seen now bet you were happy when you found out :)

It was the last thing I had to do - buggars!!
Annoyed about the flue man.. it's a learning curve, at least I know for next time. And at least I'm already going back to run some 1.25 for the condense to a gulley so can do the flue at the same time without them knowing ;) sweet

Last edited:
It was the last thing I had to do - buggars!!
Annoyed about the flue man.. it's a learning curve, at least I know for next time. And at least I'm already going back to run some 1.25 for the condense to a gulley so can do the flue at the same time without them knowing ;) sweet

You already installed the flue or just done the hole ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Side Exit Flues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock