Discuss Since you serviced my boiler! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've just had a phone call from a customer I serviced their boiler and apparently since I went there it has been making horrendous noises.

Just looked through my diary and I went out there in September!

I think someone is after something for free!

Same old gripe, always our fault , bet we get some good reply's for this post, (You serviced my boiler last week now my car wont start, sending you the bill from the garage !! )

I've had since you serviced my boiler the toilet doesn't flush properly and they were aderment I lost my head with there stupidity and lost a customer

Or on the other side of the coin..

"you installed a new consumer unit and now my landline doesn't work"

In this case the electrician (known locally for being arrogant and very expensive and a horrible guy) cut a 1ft section of 'old phone cable' out as it was in his way and then charged my neighbour for repairing it, he also smashed one of the exterior lights and denied it was him and shorted out the old cooker and charged top wack for fitting a new one.

When I was wet behind the ears I fell for these a few times. Not anymore! I go out, tell them it's unrelated. I don't charge for that visit, after that I do.
Servicing a boiler isn't a guarantee of reliability, more of a way to fund my holidays really.

Remember as soon as you set foot in a property anything you look at the goes wrong within 48 months is down to you.

yep had that recently, since you've done my bathroom the radiator in my conservatory's not working:D

Had one the other day. "Boiler don't fire up", arriving to find a room thermostat positioned ABOVE the door in the hall turned it up "click" 30 waited a few minutes
House baking 30 mins whilst discussion over "how it turned down itself"
Next day
Call

"Since you came and did the boiler! Got no hot water"
I said you best get yourself a plumber to get it sorted.
That was a no no.
And one more thing I've learnt is
To keep my mouth shut at ALL times, as this 30 mins were talking football and he 8s the Arsenal of which I'm an Arsenal fan.
As for corresponding or even talking whilst working for strangers can be real :eek:mg_smile: leathers..
Now I was thinking he's been messing around with something before he'd called me previously.
Clever .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Since you serviced my boiler! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock