Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Single pipe CH system - can you get manual full bore valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crj80

Hi,

I've recently purchased a 1960's house with a single pipe system installed. Common issue - the rads don't all get hot!
Over the years, TRV's have been installed on all rads, which look like the standard type (reduced bore, not full bore).

I want to give the old system a chance, and replace the older rads along with all the valves, and give the rads I want to keep a good flush out.

Question is... I've read that I need full bore valves for the system to work properly. Can you get standard manual full bore valves/lockshields, or are all manual valves/lockshields the same?

Many thanks

tbh not worth it, you would be better spending your money on a new two pipe system sorry to say

full of crud, needs cleaning and balancing to get it working, but by far the best option is to switch to twin pipe system

Yes, that would be better - but very expensive. I've got nothing to lose by changing a few rads and valves and trying it. If it doesn't work, I bite the bullet :)

Do you have any ideas on the valve question?

Yes, that would be better - but very expensive. I've got nothing to lose by changing a few rads and valves and trying it. If it doesn't work, I bite the bullet :)

Do you have any ideas on the valve question?

thats the thing dont think you will be changing any rads as they would be imperial/odd sizes

why not bite the bullet and save your money from changing valves to put to a new two pipe system

As above. Re-pipe. Cheaper in the long run.
You could replace all the rads and trv's ( danffoss make one for one pipe. It's big and ugly!) and after still won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single pipe CH system - can you get manual full bore valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock