Discuss Sink and bath waste pipe connection to underground drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robert103

Builders have finished screeding shower floor.

In pic 1 the waste to left is for the shower which is connected underground to the waste on the right for the pan.

The black waste pipe in pic 1 resting against the pillar is from the whirlpool bath above - which they did NOT connect.

A wall hung basin is to be installed on wall opposite the waste for pan (see pic 2) where the water pipes have been concealed into stud wall.

They did NOT connect a waste for the wall hung sink which should also be concealed.

The builders are NOW of the opinion this is not possible as this will lead to a smelly bathroom with too many connections to one waste i.e. the waste for pan is connected to drain outside under decking - had to be re routed due to extension.

I have done some reading and it has been suggested that an anti-syphon waste be installed for the basin to prevetn water being sucked from the trap.

Is it possible to make connections that have been missed?

What is the best possible way to work around this?

We also have a soak away - although i think this is irrelevant here as we are concerned with foul water.

PS; Does any one know the appropriate forum to post thread re electrics for whirlpool bath as Building Control Dept do not have a clue......

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SHOWER PIC 1.JPG
    SHOWER PIC 1.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 72
  • SHOWER PIC 2.JPG
    SHOWER PIC 2.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 65
IMHO they are trying to get out of doing the work. Why didn't they bring this to your attention at the design phase? I'd also ask your builders if they protected the copper pipes before they screeded over them because they will leak eventually.

Connected directly to the jacuzzi and straight into the soil pipe below ground?

I get my sparks to wire the electrics for a whirlpool to terminate in a RCD and to take this back to a separate connection on the consumer box. You will also need a 45a pull cord switch. In other words treat the wiring as you would do with a electric shower. I've seen the pump and controls connected to a fused spur but in my opinion this should not come off the ring mains and where water and electrics mix, safety is paramount.

I agree with Howsie, the builder is dodging trying to fix that.

re the electrics, we have had a boiler removed from bathroom where whirlpool is installed and there is a switched fused spur available (5 amp).

i understand that this can be installed under tub as long as the bath panel can ONLY be removed with special tool's equipment i.e. so essentially it becomes an outside zone.

Is this possible of course we will get a waterproof spur?

I'm sure that the load on a whirlpool bath is 16amp, but need to check this. I have always been advised not to run the electrics from the ring circuit and that they should be fitted to a RCD. I have as said, seen this wired to a fused spur located under the bath with the bath panel being fitted with screws for removal. I don't think that a 5 amp socket is suitable but I think you should ask this question on our sister forum i.e the electricians forum and get a qualified professional opinion.

no probs, will do that but am I correct in understanding the fused spur under bath has to be one with out a switch and also have a separate pull cord switch in bathroom?

A bit of prior planning was needed here and someone hasnt, omho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink and bath waste pipe connection to underground drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock