Discuss Sink Strainer problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a corrode, crumbled Strainer thread, so cannot properly secure trap.
This strainer seems to be a permanent part of the sink - not secured by a
backnut and not renewable ?! Any suggestions?

fUz3JdKDcCE5XmE3a34PKpFwITtZFVeHLJ1BeBidryDVAuEVgEJgB44oPrAOCJwAQATwQmAHgiMAHAE4EJAJ4ITADwRGACgCcCEwA8EZgA4InABABPBCYAeCIwAcATgQkAXkT D1y uaK8bmw7AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It would be very unlikely it's not renewable.
I bet the back nut has corroded away.

Kitchen sink, Basin or Bath?

Still need photo's tho, above and below.

If kitchen sink might be basket strainer type with slotted screw in the middle if so just replace with new unit check out macalpine website......regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink Strainer problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a kitchen mixer tap which allows the top part to pull out as a hose (like american sinks). It has frayed and I need t replace it, can...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster...
Replies
Views
Back