Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sink with 11/4" waste outlet? Any adapters? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

arran197

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I don't normally do much plumbing, I just do boiler repairs in my daily work. But I'm moving around a stand alone sink unit at my in-laws house and I've hit a problem.

I bought fittings for 11/2" and expected them to fit. But the waste outlet is 11/4". I want to use a 11/2" trap with washing machine waste to get rid of the secondary trap and short length of pipe they're currently using. But what can I do to get round this problem? The current outlet is 11/4" back nut type with slots in it for the built in overflow (just like a basin)!!!!!! It's definitely a sink though, it's an all-in-one double drainer.

I've had a look at ways round it, but the only things I can think of are using some kind of adapter to go from 11/4" to 11/2" if it's available, or buy a 11/2" backnut waste outlet and hope it fits the hole.

McAlpine seem to do both, the flange is the right size at 85mm on the 11/2" backnut waste outlet they do.

Here's a link to the adapter I think I would need to keep the outlet 11/4": 1½" x 1¼" Trap Inlet Reducer - Sundry Fittings - Waste Pipe & Fittings | McAlpine Plumbing Products

Here's a link to the 11/2" backnut waste outlet (they only do it in white and the current one is chrome): 1½" Backnut Sink Waste - Sink Wastes - Waste Outlet Fittings | McAlpine Plumbing Products

I'm not sure a normal sink waste outlet would fit because the hole in the sink is so small (not quite 2") and is straight.

Any one suggest anything different or which would be the best way to go from what I have listed above?

Thanks.

Are you on about part number 15507? If so, that's what I need. Or a 11/2" waste outlet. The only thing is, the old outlet isn't in the best condition now I've taken it off, it was virtually welded on. I had to heat it up & use my stilsons to get it out. It also looks like the old seal was lead.

I know what you mean, as long as there are no chunks out of the end just give it a good wire brush. Once done fill the sink with water and pull the plug out to test.

Been and bought an 11/2" backnut slotted waste outlet. I've tried it in the sink hole and it fits, so I just need to properly fit it in now, which I'll try and do tonight. God what a pain the backside! Hopefully it'll be a nice, better than before job by the time I've finished it all. The waste might go away a bit quicker too!

Wrap PTFE around the thread on the waste before you do up the nut or you may get an annoying drip just when you'd thought you'd finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink with 11/4" waste outlet? Any adapters? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock