Discuss Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't refuse any sort of payment.
Bank transfers off most of my builders and constant clients.
Some people I request credit card payments for on the spot and many other customers prefer to pay me by credit card.
It just makes things easier getting money on the spot for small jobs rather than wasting time on collecting payments for small amounts of money.

Some people have the opinion that small amounts won't be chased.
The amount questioned by the OP, the customer probably thinks he won't bother chasing it.
I would say the amount charged by the OP would be hardly worth attending the job for - on current currency conversion rates.
It would be 10 years since I would have invoiced a job for that amount

I'm presuming those who say they allow 30 days mainly do bigger jobs

All sizes of jobs done and all customers get standard 30 days.
Invoice sent via email or post. Very rarely have an issue with non-payers (touch wood). Very rarely have to wait long for payment from private domestic customers, businesses take the 30. Used to have a few 60 day accounts but the paper industry is all but gone now so those factories were the last to do that. It never mattered at the time because it was a constant stream of work and therefore a constant stream of payments.

I hate working this time of year. Everyone wants it finished before Christmas but seem to forget to pay you until the New Year. I busted my balls trying to finish a bathroom before Christmas. I sent the invoice on the 23rd and now he's arguing about the extra cost. Having agreed the job, in addition, they asked me to fit 4 downlighters, take down a stud wall and (after a week) move the shower pipework to the other wall. I've never used a contract before but I'm seriously considering it for future big jobs.

i have terms set on all my quotes and i list everything that involved on the job so customers can't say "i thought we were having this done or that done " sorry if it not on the quote its not getting done but i do state these terms which i have a full A4 pice of paper off below is just a example of my terms

The company will carry out the whole of the works specified in this quotation at the price quoted during normal hours, which are between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Any variations or additions requested by you will be subject to an additional charge and if the company is delayed or prevented from installing by the agreed date due to delay or default on your part, the company may on written notice to you add additional charges.

and i also state payment on completion if not paid within 7 days 8% late payment fee will be added to invoice total

i usually get paid on completion or on the 6th day lol

Do you not allow 30 days?
Do you LP?
My terms are generally pay on the day and a deposit to cover any parts required to he ordered.
TBH, WhenI first started I was under the daft impression that it is more professional to invoice with,say, 14 days.

Do you LP?
My terms are generally pay on the day and a deposit to cover any parts required to he ordered.
TBH, WhenI first started I was under the daft impression that it is more professional to invoice with,say, 14 days.

Yes. I put a bit of detail in post 34.
If it’s a commercial job or one worth a fair bit I ask for a deposit then stage payments and I make sure I’m always in front and safe financially should anything go wrong.

i have terms set on all my quotes and i list everything that involved on the job so customers can't say "i thought we were having this done or that done " sorry if it not on the quote its not getting done but i do state these terms which i have a full A4 pice of paper off below is just a example of my terms

The company will carry out the whole of the works specified in this quotation at the price quoted during normal hours, which are between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Any variations or additions requested by you will be subject to an additional charge and if the company is delayed or prevented from installing by the agreed date due to delay or default on your part, the company may on written notice to you add additional charges.

and i also state payment on completion if not paid within 7 days 8% late payment fee will be added to invoice total

i usually get paid on completion or on the 6th day lol

Andy, that is beautifully written. Sounds friendly and is accessible, but also lays down the law. Did you word that yourself, or did you modify it from a pinched document from somewhere. If the latter, can you point me in the right direction?

Andy, that is beautifully written. Sounds friendly and is accessible, but also lays down the law. Did you word that yourself, or did you modify it from a pinched document from somewhere. If the latter, can you point me in the right direction?
Me and the Mrs worded the terms as she’s a director and she good with words Lol but I did do some research on the internet when I set up the ltd business to see what other companies were doing regarding payment and additional fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue...
Replies
Views
Well, this is a new one on me. Has anyone got any thoughts on the following? I completed a bathroom job and invoiced for the last portion of...
Replies
Views
I am still having endless grief trying to get customers to pay up on completion. Wether its 50 quid to couple thousand it always seems to be a...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock