Search the forum,

Discuss Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have terms set on all my quotes and i list everything that involved on the job so customers can't say "i thought we were having this done or that done " sorry if it not on the quote its not getting done but i do state these terms which i have a full A4 pice of paper off below is just a example of my terms

The company will carry out the whole of the works specified in this quotation at the price quoted during normal hours, which are between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Any variations or additions requested by you will be subject to an additional charge and if the company is delayed or prevented from installing by the agreed date due to delay or default on your part, the company may on written notice to you add additional charges.

and i also state payment on completion if not paid within 7 days 8% late payment fee will be added to invoice total

i usually get paid on completion or on the 6th day lol

Do you not allow 30 days?
Do you LP?
My terms are generally pay on the day and a deposit to cover any parts required to he ordered.
TBH, WhenI first started I was under the daft impression that it is more professional to invoice with,say, 14 days.

Do you LP?
My terms are generally pay on the day and a deposit to cover any parts required to he ordered.
TBH, WhenI first started I was under the daft impression that it is more professional to invoice with,say, 14 days.

Yes. I put a bit of detail in post 34.
If it’s a commercial job or one worth a fair bit I ask for a deposit then stage payments and I make sure I’m always in front and safe financially should anything go wrong.

i have terms set on all my quotes and i list everything that involved on the job so customers can't say "i thought we were having this done or that done " sorry if it not on the quote its not getting done but i do state these terms which i have a full A4 pice of paper off below is just a example of my terms

The company will carry out the whole of the works specified in this quotation at the price quoted during normal hours, which are between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Any variations or additions requested by you will be subject to an additional charge and if the company is delayed or prevented from installing by the agreed date due to delay or default on your part, the company may on written notice to you add additional charges.

and i also state payment on completion if not paid within 7 days 8% late payment fee will be added to invoice total

i usually get paid on completion or on the 6th day lol

Andy, that is beautifully written. Sounds friendly and is accessible, but also lays down the law. Did you word that yourself, or did you modify it from a pinched document from somewhere. If the latter, can you point me in the right direction?

Andy, that is beautifully written. Sounds friendly and is accessible, but also lays down the law. Did you word that yourself, or did you modify it from a pinched document from somewhere. If the latter, can you point me in the right direction?
Me and the Mrs worded the terms as she’s a director and she good with words Lol but I did do some research on the internet when I set up the ltd business to see what other companies were doing regarding payment and additional fees.

I maybe wrong but I'm fairly sure there is little you can do legally to enforce payment before 28 days has elapsed. I remember looking into it many years ago & found some government document stating such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock