Discuss Sludge stains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Remove from a driveway anyone? Tried fairy liquid and cleanser

Is this 'sludge' metal, as in heating system sludge ?
If it is you're gonna struggle.
Once it's in the stone it's in I'm afraid.

You could try acid brick cleaner but try an inconspicuous area first

It's a nightmare to get off. You could try vinegar first, you can get a gallon quite cheaply I'm sure, and then move up to brick cleaner as Last Plumber suggested.

Already made f all on this job, don't really want to spend a lot more. The original free standing boiler was a nightmare and weighed a ton, was impossible to get it out without some spillage

Already made f all on this job, don't really want to spend a lot more. The original free standing boiler was a nightmare and weighed a ton, was impossible to get it out without some spillage

Sorry thought the £6.7k was profit hence making it worthwhile calling somebody in so you got paid.

Try some old fashioned washing powder , pile it up on the stain and just leave it ( assuming its not going to rain ) for a day/night .
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sludge stains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock