Search the forum,

Discuss solvent weld waste fittings/overflow fittings turned yellow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Thought these only turned a yellow tint when uv hit them?
Had some kept in a dark shed for a while in a plastic tub and they have started to turn yellow, especially the overflow fittings.

The white rainwater used to go pink in UV.

But don't worry, there is no additional charge for the colour-morphing fittings.

Thought these only turned a yellow tint when uv hit them?
Had some kept in a dark shed for a while in a plastic tub and they have started to turn yellow, especially the overflow fittings.
It may be time to finally fix that hole in the roof.....[emoji6]

kay-jay804344 said:
It may be time to finally fix that hole in the roof.....[emoji6]

Hehe, no hole In my roof! Fittings 4+ years old though!

ive had the same thing happen, you would expect it of abs in sun light as its an internal only pipe but in a dark shed :(

Its the amount of fire retardant in the plastic that turns it yellow after a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solvent weld waste fittings/overflow fittings turned yellow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was just interested if people put solvent weld on both the pipe and fitting or just the pipe when glueing overflow/condensate pipe.
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a preference to use solvent weld or compression fittings for waste pipes?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock