Discuss Sound when closing taps and flushing toilets returns after emptying system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I really need some advice on a home plumbing issue please.

We have a sound when closing taps and flushing toilets that started a few months ago.

I have tried many times to empty the system by closing off the mains inlet stopcock, opening all the taps, flushing the toilets, etc then closing them all, refilling the system, and finally opening the taps from the bottom of the house to the top to blow out the air. The sound disappears for a few days, but comes back.

It starts lower down in the house and taps and moves upstairs where the noise is very prominent after the flush on the toilet on the top floor.

This started after we had some work done on our boiler, but that doesn't have any issues.

Any ideas? Am I missing something when draining the system or refilling it?

Thanks,

Steven

Reply to Sound when closing taps and flushing toilets returns after emptying system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after getting oil fired central heating fitted to older ex-council property (fireplace and necessary...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock