Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ray i don't know if the contact email is live yet or not but i was enquiring about dimensions of a cistern which i need to order tomorrow. it is this one Concord L/l Cist.int.o/f Ccd41
it is to replace a fordham type one so needs to be quite slim. it is just the depth i need cheers.

Hi Steve

They are 155mm, so quite a lot fatter than an old fordham flushpanel. Wandering round the warehouse, I did stumble over an unboxed plastic cistern, side entry, plastic, about 110mm deep. I have no idea what it is, but it was still in its placcy wrapper, and had all the guts there. Let me know if thats any use to you.

h ray that sounds perfect i have several other items in my shopping cart which are needed for thursday is there anyway you can tag it on for me? i suppose there is as you are the boss lol

h ray that sounds perfect i have several other items in my shopping cart which are needed for thursday is there anyway you can tag it on for me? i suppose there is as you are the boss lol

Hi Steve

No problem, just checkout your cart (without the fat concorde cistern). I will work out what the unboxed cistern is tomorrow. Bearing in mind where you are, we will probably deliver in one of our vehicles.

My only concern is that the warehouse was dark when I was wandering round, and I might have missed something that was wrong with the cistern. But I will check it in the morning.

Hi Ray are you still after site "problems"?

I was trying to throw together a quote and was unable to add stuff to my cart unless I drilled into the item first. Hope that makes sense

Haven't read the full thread but I'm seeing prices in latest products and I've not registered yet.

Haven't read the full thread but I'm seeing prices in latest products and I've not registered yet.

Yes, thanks Hybrid - thats happening for lots of people, and we are working on it now.

Billy - we are working on the bundles of tube at the moment, and have taken tube off for a while, because the units of measure was causing confusion, and we don't want to take an order for 3m of 15mm tube. There is no way that the carrier will get it there. Later we will add back bundles only for tube.

OK, the developers tell me that they have fixed the random logging in/out and the prices on special offers being visible when you aren't registered/logged in. It works ok for me, so hope that it works for everyone.

We are continuing to work on the amount of information available at product level - in particular we are trying to highlight those products that are not immediately available from stock. (Sorry SteveB!) Also dimensional info or links to manufacturers websites.

But then, thats why we released a beta test privately in the UKPF - we knew we would have some problems.

Many thanks to all those that assisted - please feel free to carry on.

We will be reacting to suggestions in 4 possible ways:

1) Yep, good idea, we will implement that ASAP
2) Yep, good idea, we will implement that when resources permit
3) Maybe in version 2
4) Thanks for your interest, but we have decided not to pursue that suggestion. But please don't stop making them.

Ray did you get my comment re having to drill into each item to add them to my basket? I wasn't able to add stuff from the main list of products

Ray did you get my comment re having to drill into each item to add them to my basket? I wasn't able to add stuff from the main list of products

Hi Matt

Are you talking about not being able to buy from a [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/pipe-fittings/copper-pipe-fittings/endfeed-fittings/endfeed-elbows.html"]tiled page like this[/DLMURL]?

I just tried it and it worked ok. Or am I misunderstanding?

Last edited by a moderator:
No I think you've got it in one. Basically I could click add to basket it would hang and hang and then it would just go to a cannot find the page error screen. However if I actually clicked on the item so it was the only thing on the page it would then allow me to add no problem. Maybe it's just me!!

Is it still a problem?

If so, what device and browser are you using?

Doing on iPad mate. Have no wifi at the mo but will try again in a bit

Doing on iPad mate. Have no wifi at the mo but will try again in a bit

Just tried it on my ipad, and it seems ok. A bit jerky, but thats probably because its on 3g with only a couple of bars.

Hopefully whatever the boffins changed, it has fixed that as well! :)

Ray

Nice one cheers. It's coming together

Just an idea ray, can we order, let you know and you send the order back to our local branch the old fashioned wat to get ready for us?

Just an idea ray, can we order, let you know and you send the order back to our local branch the old fashioned wat to get ready for us?

Yes we can - in the same way that people have always PMd me, emailed me etc. So what will happen in the short term is that I will print off the order and fax it to the branch concerned.

There is one potential problem which won't go away. Our average branch size is about 3,500 sq ft. The branch that you use at Maidstone is one of our biggest at 6,000 sq ft. When we have finished our Fareham redevelopment, we will have about 55,000 square feet. It isn't possible to carry everything at every branch, so there may be a delay while we ship it internally.

Integrating the IT on stock levels at all the branches is not something we can do quickly, so click and collect will be limited for a while.

Further to my earlier fault all seems ok now Ray cheers

Someone mentioned to me earlier that they couldn't scroll on their iPad, but its working fine on mine.

Does anyone else have problems scrolling the site on iPad?

I can't zoom in and out, which isnt a problem on the iPad but is a pain on my phone. Is that troubling anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk BETA test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock