Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss SPONSORS For the forum - Any suggestions and / or contacts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi lads and ladies.

As you can see from the forum homepage, we're lacking somewhat on the sponsors front. Totally my fault. With having all the issues with the forums towards the end of last year I've not got back to enquiries or particularly rushed to renew existing sponsors.

So I'm looking for suggestions as to who'd you like to see on board. Clearly the perfect sponsor would either be somebody you already use, and perhaps give a bit of a discount to those enquiring from the forum. Or somebody you don't use at all, who has a product and / or service that you might be interested in, and aren't aware of already, sort of thing.

If you can pass on my contact details to any contacts you have that might be interested, and let them know about the forum, that'd be cool. Or perhaps ask them to email me their contact details or something. And I'll get the ball rolling again now the forums pretty much smooth.

Contact Details:-

Dan Freakley
Untold Developments Limited
UKPlumbersForums.co.uk
Tel: 01782 373 603

EMail: [email protected]

Some basic stats:-

Forum has been online since 2007, is the largest dedicated plumbing advice website in the UK, and 2nd in the world.
Threads68,630-Posts729,588-Members30,644-
Has around 400 members login each day.

Sponsorship includes:-

- Forum account marked as a sponsor
- Banner in the sponsor sidebar
- Banner in a forum category (if a suitable one is available)
- Inclusion in mass emails to the forum

We're working more this year on the social media websites, facebook, twitter, pinterest, youtube, Google+ etc so we'll grow a little following on each of those if it works out well.

Any help at all would be appreciated. With not being a plumber we're sort of in your hands.

Thanks lads. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great! Nice stats too 2nd in the world eh? When do we arm ourselves to attack and bring them to there knees ?

would be great to see a tool supplier involved. As a forum we spent around 4 or 5k on one product last year at Axminster just not sure who I'd need to approach about it at their end.

Great work behind the scenes keeping the forum alive!

Sounds great! Nice stats too 2nd in the world eh? When do we arm ourselves to attack and bring them to there knees ?

would be great to see a tool supplier involved. As a forum we spent around 4 or 5k on one product last year at Axminster just not sure who I'd need to approach about it at their end.

Great work behind the scenes keeping the forum alive!

Like rothenberger or bacho. With weekly giveaways obviously.

If you could get a tool supplier on with a discount to arms members only to keep it trade I think it could be a win win situation, as a collective we must spend 1000's a month on tools.

If you want a sponsor to do forum-only deals, I think you should consider granting them access to the Arms.

If they do anything visible to the public, the whole world will demand it, and they'll get crucified by their stockists.

If you want a sponsor to do forum-only deals, I think you should consider granting them access to the Arms.

If they do anything visible to the public, the whole world will demand it, and they'll get crucified by their stockists.

I think it would be a must to get them involved in the Arms, it's give and take....it would also be a good place for honest feedback from users to supplier.

I think it would be a must to get them involved in the Arms, it's give and take....it would also be a good place for honest feedback from users to supplier.

Forum rules used to say "no sponsors in the arms". I don't know whether admitting me set a precedent, or is an exception.

If it benefits the collective and doesn't harm anyone then I think exceptions should be made!

Their needs to be incentive for everybody for it to work

I would defend rays right to have access to the arms. Whilst I appreciate he sells to us and reaches users further afield then his usual catchment prior to e commerce. Ray is our best sponsor by a country mile. He regularly contributes to the forum both with regulars and the occasional joe public. He also offers an alternative opinion from the other side of the counter. All this adds to our forum and helps Williams remain our most visible sponsor. Top bloke and besides every pub needs someone with a credit card big enough they won't notice the occasional round being added to the tab.

Last edited:
I would defend rays right to have access to the arms. Whilst I appreciate he sells to us and reaches users further afield then his usual catchment prior to e commerce. Ray is our best sponsor by a country mile. He regularly contributes to the forum both with regulars and the occasional joe public. He also offers an alternative opinion from the other side of the counter. All this adds to our forum and helps Williams remain our most visible sponsor. Top bloke and besides every pub needs someone with a credit card big enough they won't notice the occasional round being added to the tab.

Well said GMR

twas the only way to keep you under control

The free jelly babies helped too!

Well said GMR

Ha! I'm taking full credit for pushing to get Rat Stafford in the Arms.

Dunno who this Ramon fella is though......

I was right with you there Rob, until the last sentence. Then you done went and spoiled it. :)

Seriously, I could probably persuade one of the big boiler manufacturers to sponsor the forum, but I think they would get fed up pretty quick.

Lets face it, even WB can only manage 30% market share, with Ideal, Vaillant group and BDR at roughly 20% each. So for the best manufacturer, 70% of people will be against them. For most, that will be 80%.

And to be fair, you guys arent shrinking violets when it comes to saying how you feel, are you?

Is there not a donate button.
As im usually on tappppatalk I dont get to see the full monty

I vote tool supplier or perhaps work clothing. folkestone fixings (ffx) would be great or maybe snickers direct or someone. I think it would m ke sense to choose someone who themselves had a reasonable web presence or ecomerce site as forum sponsorship is likely to be all the more effective.

Just thought of another good possibility. Monument / today's tools
Or perhaps regin.

Thanks people. :)

And we noted that. And also he's just not a tool at all, totally talks sense pretty much bang on every time. A genuinely knowledgable wise person. And there aren't many of those left in this sometimes weird world. haha

Seriously, I could probably persuade one of the big boiler manufacturers to sponsor the forum, but I think they would get fed up pretty quick.

Lets face it, even WB can only manage 30% market share, with Ideal, Vaillant group and BDR at roughly 20% each. So for the best manufacturer, 70% of people will be against them. For most, that will be 80%.

And to be fair, you guys arent shrinking violets when it comes to saying how you feel, are you?

That needs to eventually change. A forum can't keep growing if we keep burning bridges with even other member types let alone firms within the industry.

That's for another thread though I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SPONSORS For the forum - Any suggestions and / or contacts? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Use PlumbersForums.net to Advertise Your Plumbing-related Company Pretty much all of our services on the forum are free of charge to most...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
Need a couple of favours from you guys. I'm hoping as an Arms member, you can help out a bit. THE PROBLEM As you probably know, the forum is...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
T
Hi Everyone, I’m Mike from TradesmenWebDesign.com and I’m pleased to say that we are now sponsoring Dans main trade forums. As a result we're...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock