Search the forum,

Discuss Standard of workmanship in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Have just had an unvented system put in my airing cupboard. I have been left like photo.all my shelving gone and it looks a mess. Is this work of a good standard

Attachments

• IMG-20220311-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220311-WA0000.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 56
Could be improved.
Flexes to Immersions are far too short as above, the expansion vessel isn't plumb.

The expansion vessel isn't a safety issue in my opinion but there's no reason it can't be secure and plumb.

The flexes could be a safety issue and I agree they need to be replaced. They should be heat resistant flex. Not saying they aren't now but they should be.

How far is the tundish from the T&P valve? (black one on side of cylinder). Hard to tell off photo's.

Could have spun cylinder then cables to immersions would have been fine.
Hard pipe to expansion vessel, but that's just me.
Expansion vessel straightened but that's purely aesthetic.
Isolation valve on hot from cylinder. I don't like to see that, especially as you have isolation on cold inlet.
Combination valve higher but that's just purely if it needs replacing at a later date

Plus the good old insulation.

Not a bad installation, but just like my school reports, could do better.

Do you have all the paperwork, building regs notifications etc, and seen the installers g3 qualification.

A little bit of thought and it could of been alot neater support of the expansion vessel really needs attention in my opion, we really should be getting away from doing it that way far better to hard pipe it and use s flow though valve as the guys have stated a few minor errors. Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-021737.png
    Screenshot_20220317-021737.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20220317-021807.png
    Screenshot_20220317-021807.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210318_120551758.jpg
    PXL_20210318_120551758.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Reply to Standard of workmanship in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock