Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss stocks and dies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bikerboy12

thanks to those that helped me with the last question. need help again now.:)
have come across a question on my course about stocks and dies.
question "stocks and dies require how many chaser dies to be fitted?" answers given are a-2, b-4, c- 6, d-8.
have looked through the book and as before no full answer just says threads are cut using stocks and dies. great help not!:confused:

I believe that generally four chaser dies are fitted into the stock.

They are called 'chaser' dies because they are pulled along the pipe being threaded by the cutting action itself -- a bit like a woodscrew is pulled into the wood as you turn the screw. This can put a great stress on the pipe.

(The other type of die is the 'receder' die, which uses a screw device to pull the pipe along as the thread is cut, lessening the stress.)

every set of dies i have used have had 4 dies in them. numbered 1,2, 3 and 4 because they must be put in, in the right order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stocks and dies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm about to install a garden tap pipe on a new build, but I'm a bit confused with the pipework I'm seeing under the kitchen sink...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry to hijack the thread, but im new to these forums and upon searching for some answers to my below question i come across this thread. I...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock