Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Stumped and doesn't know how to open gph dual push plate cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone! My name is Steph and I have been searching hi and low for knowledge on how to open my cistern. No button plate looks like mine and I'm kinda stuck. Please help me if you recognize it!

Thank you!

15609864990053244725942250604705.jpg

The problem is I doubt anyone here has seen that design, I certainly haven't. That means there's a risk of breaking it when trying to figure out how it comes apart. That said, with you taking responsibility for the thing if it goes wrong, one or both of the buttons will likely just be clipped in and should pull out. Give it a squeeze and a wiggle and pull to see if one will come loose. Then there may be a screw or clip underneath that you can get at to go further.

Good luck, don't pull too hard!

The problem is I doubt anyone here has seen that design, I certainly haven't. That means there's a risk of breaking it when trying to figure out how it comes apart. That said, with you taking responsibility for the thing if it goes wrong, one or both of the buttons will likely just be clipped in and should pull out. Give it a squeeze and a wiggle and pull to see if one will come loose. Then there may be a screw or clip underneath that you can get at to go further.

Thank you for this! I will be gentle!

Yes!!!!! I did it! Thank you! Both buttons come up and there is one screw underneath. Whew! Hooray!

Reply to Stumped and doesn't know how to open gph dual push plate cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock