Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss suggestions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I went to a job today where a client wants 3 bathrooms all with baths and massive 10 inch shower heads. One of the bathrooms is on the 4th floor. He has 3 bar pressure constant when running all taps, and flow rate goes down to 9 litres a minute in top shower and bath with all basins and kitchen sink running. His mains pipe is 25mm. He has 210 megaflow which ideally should be 250 to 300. But I said he should try with 210 as highly unlikely everyone would use all at same time. Obviously the mains is limiting the flow rate, so would a 35 mm main do any better.

Thanks guys

I was thinking of one of these accumulators but it's the storage space that's needed for it you see

Bit of a mission really. Take up paving in front for 3 metres is the trickiest part.

As a idea I did a unvented last week new 35mm main 4.bar running pressure and 25+ltr min, but obviously may not be the same for you

As a idea I did a unvented last week new 35mm main 4.bar running pressure and 25+ltr min, but obviously may not be the same for you

Was that 25 litres with all appliances on? I have 18 litres on outside tap with all appliances running but then that's split so 10 litres at appliances. Need more flow as I believe stable 3 bar dynamic is good. Just a bit weary to tell guy to put 35mm in and it doesn't make much difference

Measure dynamic at stop tap. Oh you need to dig a hole.... Well that's a technical survey so cost plus 20%

They are expensive a. About a 1K I believe.
no :nono: way man !!! I've got a number in the van from a guy who did a job in hampton for me about ÂŁ400 for 5m run

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry the no was a typo. Disregard the no and read the question again. Apologies

Increasing the pipe diameter will increase the flow rate (log scale so significant increase), however, this is also accompanied by increase in velocity and noise.

What's the guide to sizing an accumulator or breaker tank then? If it has to be for both hot and cold it is pretty big a.

Also, how long does it take to fit a kinetico water softeners under a sink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to suggestions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock