Discuss Sunvic 3 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

homewizard

Hi ... I'm changing a 3 port Sunvic valve (MK1453). I've read that instead of replacing the body you can replace just the inners as this is held by 4 screws. If this is possible, will the system need to be drained first or is there a 'shortcut' ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

You defo can with the two ports so i would think you could, yes you would have to drain the system , or at least to the point where the valve is.

Personally if I'm going to the trouble of draining it down, I would change it for a honeywell. But depends on your level of competence.

Yes the guts will change on the three port, do it on the camray 5 combi's, which are the danfoss ones. If its a stand alone three port then Pheonix Services has the right idea. Bin it for a Honeywell.

Thanks for the reply. I know that everyone harps on about changing it for a Honywell but it has lasted 25 years so that can't be all bad can it?

7bd32d37301f1359cd6f727d9b54c6fe.jpg

unless you have a very good reason,change the complete valve,if not you will probably regret not doing so....

To coin a phrase......

They don't build stuff like they used to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sunvic 3 port valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the...
Replies
Views
I am a DIY'er and I need to replace the 3-port valve of my bungalow. I am aware I could bung the F&E but I don't really want to chance this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock