Discuss Tap connector - 1/2 inch to compression? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I was wondering if someone could advise me how to connect the flexi hose from a new tap that I've purchased to the existing pipework.

The photo below is of the existing pipework and existing flexi hose. The flexi needs to be removed because the new tap requires an M10 connector rather than half inch nut. The new hose is M10 to half inch nut. I don't understand the threads marked in the photo - are they part of the flexi hose? Is the new hose inappropriate for the existing pipework and I need to get a hose from compression to M10?

Thanks in advance.

tap2.jpg

1. M10 refers to the threaded end which goes into the tap.
2. Assuming the 1/2" nut is a 1/2" female connector, you need two off 15mm compression to 1/2" male "irons" (which are actually made of brass). For example, Screwfix Male Coupler 15mm x ½
3. Undo and remove compression fitting 3 in your picture. You can probably re-use the nut on the pipe and its olive, discarding the equivalent parts from the new "irons".

Great, thanks very much for your help.

I just watched a video on youtube where they recommend using ptfe on the olive, would you say this is advisable?

Post a picture of the new flexi and tap it maybe a 3/8th loose nut the 10mm to 15mm flexis are readily available from the main plumbers merchants cheers kop

Post a picture of the new flexi and tap it maybe a 3/8th loose nut the 10mm to 15mm flexis are readily available from the main plumbers merchants cheers kop
You are quite right how often I see that on 3/8. Especially when buying grohe taps they come always with 3/8" flexi hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap connector - 1/2 inch to compression? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back