Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tap flexi in place of shower pump hose. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a job yesterday. Braided hose on shower pump leaking.

Isolated and ordered new hose.

been told by colleagues stick a flexi hose on, 22 x 3/4, I didn't bother. I'm sure it would be ok but didn't want to risk it. Customer has a bath so not a necessity to have showers running.

best decision? I think so, knowing my luck I'd have stuck a flexi on and it would have split at 3 in the morning and I'd be getting the boot for sticking the 'wrong fitting' on.

Way out for insurance company if your flexi caused a flood down the line...IMHO you done the right thing.....regards Turnpin;)

I don't see the difference between it on a pump for domestic water or further down the line on a tap. But MI's are king.

I don't see the difference between it on a pump for domestic water or further down the line on a tap. But MI's are king.

Thats what I thought and if I worked for myself would have gone for it. If it had split and caused damage I would be getting a phone call asking why didn't I fit the hose it's supposed to have. Silly I know but if I get sacked my manager isn't going to care that my bills are not getting paid.

You just know what would happen if it flooded later and serious damage was caused, -
Owner would think, Armyash worked on that a while back, so all my problems today are caused by him.
Insurance would likely send a loss adjuster out to inspect it, - they would love the owner to say he had a plumber in recently working at the pump. - Let's bill the plumbers company.
Pump firm, if contacted would be happy to have their rep report back that one of the pump hoses wasn't theirs and if pump was still under warranty, it now had none.
Unfair, but you would have a good idea what the wording would be in any report.

Put brand new hose on today, still leaking from same place on new hose.

Don't know what's happening there. Quoted new pump, booked in Friday.

polish brass seat where rubber washer will sit with wire wool, bit of heat if has stubborn crusty deposits, clean with tissue, smear on little bit of ls-x, reassemble quickly, leave to dry for as long as you can. that will work for most niggles and imperfections on surface. won't work if dented, cracked etc.

but is a bit of a bodge.

polish brass seat where rubber washer will sit with wire wool, bit of heat if has stubborn crusty deposits, clean with tissue, smear on little bit of ls-x, reassemble quickly, leave to dry for as long as you can. that will work for most niggles and imperfections on surface. won't work if dented, cracked etc.

but is a bit of a bodge.

It's all plastic, couldn't see any damage or crust build up. Tried 2 different brand new hoses, same issue each time. Working for dyno I can't afford to bodega anything because I know it will come back and bite me.

If the threads are connecting properly (unlike when matching old nuts to new fittings which feel like they have tightened but do so too soon) and the sealing washers and surfaces are clean and sound and the pump thread surface (plastic or otherwise) is in good nick, there is no reason I can think of why it wouldn't seal. But ls-x used properly can often take care of the nick that the naked eye cannot see.

Maybe plastic threads part is cracked, much the same as happens plastic fill valve tails. Really hard to see, even on white plastic so would be near impossible on black plastic.

Maybe plastic threads part is cracked, much the same as happens plastic fill valve tails. Really hard to see, even on white plastic so would be near impossible on black plastic.

Agree, it was only thing I could think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap flexi in place of shower pump hose. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock