Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tap water living on a hill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have a query about the mains fed cold drinking tap water in the kitchen. I have high water pressure in my flat because I live on top of a hill and have pretty good water pressure throughout the flat although the cold water in each faucet has high water pressure more than the hot water taps.

My questions are:
Is water quality affected by living on a hill?
Is drinking water affected by high water pressure?
When my tap water sits in a glass for under an hour it tastes bitter and a bit metalic is this normal? should I run the tap for a few minutes before drinking as it is going up to a top floor flat?
Do I need a high pressure tap for the kitchen sink?

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

My questions are:

Is water quality affected by living on a hill?
No.

Is drinking water affected by high water pressure?
No.

When my tap water sits in a glass for under an hour it tastes bitter and a bit metalic is this normal? should I run the tap for a few minutes before drinking as it is going up to a top floor flat?

As the water warms to room temp you might be able to better taste some of the trace metalic elements that can be found in some drinking water. If it's an issue you could use a filtration system, no harm in flushing the pipework for a 15 - 30 seconds especially if the tap hasn't been used.

Do I need a high pressure tap for the kitchen sink?
No, most modern taps should be able to deal with high pressure.

Reply to Tap water living on a hill in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock