Discuss Tee 15mm pipes from 15mm pipes for CH in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I need to fit a new rad but the location of it has an obstruction. I initially wanted to tee from the 22mm pipes but right beside them and in between my new rad and the 22mm pipes are two 15mm pipes heading to another rad. I'm a DIY'er and trying to keep my joints to a minimum, I'm using copper and I don't want to invest in a pipe bender or add more joints than needed (I'm new to soldering) in order to tee from the 22mm and go under the obstructing 15mm pipes. My other option is using push-fit which I'm more confident in using but there are so many arguments for and against I opted for copper.

My question is if I ensure the flow and return pipes match up, can I tee off from the 15mm pipes leading to the other rad for my new rad or is that bad practice, would it even work properly?

cheers

Yes providing the 15mm is going to only one rad existing

Reply to Tee 15mm pipes from 15mm pipes for CH in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
I have a badly blocked feed pipe to kitchen rad, was running very slowly but I’ve made it much worse trying to clear blockage with curtain wire...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back