Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss terminal question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yo1

any ideas on what a room sealed boiler that has no terminal fitted onto a vertical flue would be classified as.. came across one and the inner metal pipe had corroded a bit which connected onto to the terminal and caused it to come off the flue. i disconnected the boiler as I concluded it would be id.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about ID as it's a room sealed appliance, where is the danger?

Boiler will probably fail flue gas analysis (sucking in products of combustion) and will therefore be id but even if it should still pass fga it will at least be classed as at risk so customer cannot use it until flue corrected. My opinion but lets see what others say.

Cheers

any ideas on what a room sealed boiler that has no terminal fitted onto a vertical flue would be classified as.. came across one and the inner metal pipe had corroded a bit which connected onto to the terminal and caused it to come off the flue. i disconnected the boiler as I concluded it would be id.
i'm surprised it worked,surly at risk..?

You'd have to fga it I'd say to determine best criteria to attach. Certainly an AR ... Any immediate danger to life or property? For me that determines the crossover from AR to ID personally :)

flue pipes were flush with each other and also think rain could go down the flue, more possibly at risk

a test or tests are needed to determine ID or AR, if something is blocking the flue then ID, if something could block the flue then AR

flue pipes were flush with each other and also think rain could go down the flue, more possibly at risk
only if it rains so by using the word "could" you are answering your own question so its AR

If it's a room sealed appliance then what is the 'risk' if the flue terminal is faulty outside of the building and no POC's can enter the building?

I'd say AR due to incomplete flue but FGA could confirm it as ID due to recirculation of flue gasses causing poor combustion.

If it's a room sealed appliance then what is the 'risk' if the flue terminal is faulty outside of the building and no POC's can enter the building?

the risk is the air intake getting blocked which could lead to incomplete combustion which if the combustion chamber and/or flue isnt complete could lead to poor POC's leaking into the building so therefore AR

Definitely At Risk. I came across one a while ago, a builder had moved a worcester flue and converted it to vertical. Popping out the roof was just the end of a 1m flue extension and then the elbow from the end of a plume kit poked into the inner flue. I took a couple pictures I will see if I can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to terminal question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question...
Replies
Views
Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
Hello lovely people, I've gone and got an LPG water heater for my shepherds hut. It'll be situated in an external lean-to enclosure built on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock