Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss testing flame sensors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
is there a way to test the flame detection it a standard biasi riva
it does everything it should and lghts but then drops out again occasionally it willl stay on and all work fine
can you short the probe down to prove its that not detecting?

You can do a microamp test on it. All depends on what the pcb is looking for

you can also do a continuity test,but this wont show if theres a crack in the electrode,you will be able to prove if the cable from electrode to pcb is ok though,and you should check for revered polarity a lot of boilers can show this fault if its revered,if it was me i would check for RP,then do a continuity test on the lead and electrode,if that proves ok you will either have a faulty,cracked electrode,the rubber boot it passes trough has a split and its arcing out or a duff pcb,if this is a HE boiler you need to check the fly by wire on the condensate bottle as well(if fitted)

sorry gas man rp? its standard efficency
just got RP unlley as its been working fine for couple of years

Last edited:
sorted this morning with a quick call to biasi it was the board one tip i did pick up from the tech guy was if after it lights the spark stops it not rectification problems not sure if this applies to other boilers though
anyway another success in my quest to up my fault finding skills its so hard coming back to boiler repairs after 10 years away but some thing i need to do as my body wont let me do installs and big jobs now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to testing flame sensors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock