Search the forum,

Discuss TF1 filter question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smiler1968

Hello all,

Sorry if it's bad form to ask a question before I've even introduced myself but hopefully you will forgive me.

I'm not a plumber but I have fitted a shower, bathroom suites and radiators in the past. I have a very basic knowledge of DIY type plumbing. I have been watching other threads with interest and have picked up quite a few little tips.

I have recently fitted a TF1 filter to the return to my combi boiler. It's working as it should and I'm happy. I want to add some inhibitor and was taken in by the ease of the F1 express. However, when I attach it to the bleed port and open one of the valves the water shoots out of the small bleed hole in the 'bleed bolt?' None of the supplied fixings are the right size to replace the bolt. Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Regards

Jerry.

Hi,
who knows what you've been doing? but,
why not just close the valves to the tf1 ( with the boiler off)
open the bottom tap to empty the tf1, remove the top, close bottom fill with treatment.

Hi,
who knows what you've been doing? but,
why not just close the valves to the tf1 ( with the boiler off)
open the bottom tap to empty the tf1, remove the top, close bottom fill with treatment.

Thanks for the reply. I did consider that but I was just a bit concerned that the inhibitor would then come squirting out of the bleed hole.

Just picked up the kids and had an epiphany. I may just have to screw the tube down further. I'll give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simples turn off two valves open drain at bottom remove air vent twist in tube from fernox express tin close drain point and inject a full can fill fit no problem without any spilling, replace air vent and turn isolaters back on

All filing loops ridged or flexible hose should be disconnect one the system is filled, although 98% of the time there not

All filing loops ridged or flexible hose should be disconnect one the system is filled, although 98% of the time there not

In order to get to the filling loop I would have to take the front cover off and drop the display panel. It does seem to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TF1 filter question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi. just had my probationary inspection. Most of the inspection went ok, apart from when the inspector asked me questions about gas fires and gas cookers. I have my ticket for boilers and the inspection for all that side went fine. The last time I did anything about fires and cookers was 5 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger split after 10 years. The old boiler had a pressure gauge on the fascia but this new model is not fitted with one. After it was all fitted I queried...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock