Discuss The Best/Longest customer on your books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

I know we all moan about customers but today I went around to
Steve & Glennis house to do a small plumbing job. As my youngest son
is sixteen last week we worked out that I have looked after them for over
20 years now. 2 full C/H systems in 2 homes an ensuite and kitchen plus their
rental flat - nice people

so being positive lets have similar stories CHK:santa3:

8 years back a plumber friend asked me to look at a saniflo for one of his customers. Since then she text`s me every June to service her 2 pumps. I let myself in do the job and text her the bill and within 3 days the payment is put through my letterbox. She is one of my favourite customers and always leaves a note telling me to help myself to coffee.

My favourite customer of all was a japanese lady, doing a bath swap and boiler repair, I had to wear slippers but got fresh filter coffee on tap, proper sit down Japanese lunch day 1 and a full take away day 2 as I left. Also bottles of beer as I left each day, seems to be their tradition, even had to pop back for a tap washer change at lunchtime later on in the month, got lunch again and more beer :):):)

We've had a customer who we've done 5 jobs for now, they always offer us lovely posh biscuits and ensure cups of tea are always being served. A really nice elderly couple! Our other favourite was a recent one who my staff and I out for a pie and pint down their local after we finished his bathroom!

42 years. Harry Williams. (MickW's dad)

Cracking on a bit now, but still gets lumbered with the odd job at the bowls club or for a neighbour.

We have a few grandsons of some early customers, and lots of sons.

i finished an install early this year which was the fifth instal for the same couple three houses and then a flat each after they split up probably over twenty years strangely enough i dont think ive ever done a lot for them in between probably because they always ask me to do a top of the range and willing to pay for it
edit just realised that 20 years is actually more like 30 something doesnt time fly

Last edited:
I have people that I have known all my life & worked for since I was a young lad.
I can think of one couple of very good friends who got the house plumbing & heating done over 50 years ago by my family. I still work on any of the wee things - tap washers etc & also service their oil bolier which is original & still same circulating pump - the year 1962.

Longest customer is coming on 40 years. Did a new build for them as a job on the side when i was an apprentice for the grand sum of ÂŁ300 labour only and have done everything since.
A case of right place at the right time.
I've had 30 odd new builds from him (he has lots of land) plus all his other work stuff 3 restaurants quarries mines etc
They also buy or build a new house every 5 years or so and rip the place apart
7 or 8 boilers or full heating systems and more bathrooms than i can remember.
Fitted a new shower valve for him on Wednesday in his latest house purchase he just moved into and measured up the 3 bathrooms for a rip out and also planted the seed in his head that Sime boilers are shyte :lol:
A huge amount of money over the years plus all the recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Best/Longest customer on your books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock