Discuss The radiator doesn't heat after i've added a plastic pipe to it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did turn off 4 radiators downstairs - just to check - and it heats much better , let say 50 - 60 % . But once i turned on the 4 radiators - it cools down , and becomes cold :(

I will do another check tomorrow - with all radiators turned off - but i think it will be just what happened this evening with 4 radiators off.

Thank you

wont work untill you turn all of them off as you need to run it enough for the heat to go back down the return and back to the boiler untill it circulates

Why would you do it, if you don't know what your doing. Don't need to be funny but what would you do if you used a wrong fitting or something and flooded house , i just don't get it lol

agree as said because of adding the extra pipe the whole system now needs balancing to compensate, because a 15m run of pipe is adding a lot of extra resistance to flow that was not there before

I'll try to a system balancing - if that wont work , i will remove the radiator and connect the pipe directly - as is more likely to work with pipe only - than together

Man , That looks like a cowboy job, what were you thinking??
boobies.gif

I'll try to a system balancing - if that wont work , i will remove the radiator and connect the pipe directly - as is more likely to work with pipe only - than together
Get an engineer ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The radiator doesn't heat after i've added a plastic pipe to it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock