Search the forum,

Discuss The radiator doesn't heat after i've added a plastic pipe to it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrii

Hi everyone!

I need you advice to solve a problem with my central heating system .

I am not a plumber - and sorry for silly questions .

I bought a 15 meter plastic pipe/tube - and laid it down under a laminate floor firstly .

After that - i disconnected the hot water flow from the nearby radiator and connected to the plastic pipe - and the another end of the pipe I brought it back to radiator .

Basically - shouldn't be any problems - as what i did is -i just made the water flow pipe longer (under the floor)

I hopped i can get a warmer floor :) - but the plastic pipe heats ok only half of its length - and at the other end where is connected to radiator is only warm a bit - its not hot :((

In other words - water doesnt circulate through the radiator ....

Please advice my - any chances i can fix the problem - or shall i remove the plastic pipe ?

Thank you very much

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 99
jobs like this should be left to a professional. When underfloor heating is installed it is regulated to a certain temprature, your new bit of pipe won't be. Turn all rads off in the house bar the one not working. This will fix it and most likely make alot of the valves you turn off leak in the process so check them if they are not trv's. If they leak then you need to call someone in as you obviously don't know what you are doing. Sorry to saound funny, just trying to help

forgot to add the heating will need to be on. Once rad is hot turn all others back on, you may have an airlock or issues with sludge

We have 13 radiators

I will try tomorrow - to turn them of - apart the one does'nt heat

and will run the system for about 15 20 min ?!

I am a bit worried not to make it worse ...

ive just looked at the picture. Are you planning to lay laminate floor over the pipe like that?

nope - its an old photo - the pipe is in 15 mm concrete already - and after that - i will put the laminate ?!

I know is very unprofessional

I hope at least it will heat up :)

that will be a utility room - and is quite a cold one right now ...

I did turn off 4 radiators downstairs - just to check - and it heats much better , let say 50 - 60 % . But once i turned on the 4 radiators - it cools down , and becomes cold :(

I will do another check tomorrow - with all radiators turned off - but i think it will be just what happened this evening with 4 radiators off.

Thank you

wont work untill you turn all of them off as you need to run it enough for the heat to go back down the return and back to the boiler untill it circulates

Why would you do it, if you don't know what your doing. Don't need to be funny but what would you do if you used a wrong fitting or something and flooded house , i just don't get it lol

agree as said because of adding the extra pipe the whole system now needs balancing to compensate, because a 15m run of pipe is adding a lot of extra resistance to flow that was not there before

I'll try to a system balancing - if that wont work , i will remove the radiator and connect the pipe directly - as is more likely to work with pipe only - than together

I'll try to a system balancing - if that wont work , i will remove the radiator and connect the pipe directly - as is more likely to work with pipe only - than together
Get an engineer ffs

I know that if the system is a weak one - adding an extra radiator can result with a cold radiator etc

But our boiler is a strong one - and has two big tanks next to it (forgot the name) - and i really don't think the 15 meters i added will make any changes to the system

That pipework is a disgrace even for a DIY job.

Get someone who knows what their doing instead of messing about with stuff U clearly don't understand

Lmao.

Will never work

Rads have an hydraulic resistance that will not be overcome and the length of 15mm under the floor will sap alot of heat. The floor isn't insulated.

Reconnect the rad back up. Rip up the laminate. And fit electric ufh. For starters. If you do get this to work. 80'C water will deffo hurt your little pinkies when you walk over it

of course you are right

i will consider to put everything back like it was ...

What will happen if instead of the underfloor pipe - i will add an extra radiator - exactly the way i connected the pipe ?!

that would be better to add another rad, to flow and return. but again if you change a system likely you need to re balance

Heats the floor ok guys :) thanks for your advice

But i will remove the pipes - and stick with the radiator only - as don't want to return home one day - and find the ground floor flooded :)

I just wanted to do something - to amaze myself - but failed :13:

cheers

Heats the floor ok guys :) thanks for your advice

But i will remove the pipes - and stick with the radiator only - as don't want to return home one day - and find the ground floor flooded :)

I just wanted to do something - to amaze myself - but failed :13:

cheers

You amazed us! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The radiator doesn't heat after i've added a plastic pipe to it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock