Discuss Thermostatic valve replacement problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Got a porcelanosa shower mixer and i need to change the thermostatic valve. It shows that a special tool might be required to remove it. Can u advise? Thanks

Attachments

• 260695EE-3A60-46E6-80C0-DF1F13202232.jpeg
    260695EE-3A60-46E6-80C0-DF1F13202232.jpeg
    487.9 KB · Views: 7
  • D1D3A9E8-5AA9-44C8-9734-251831428DC5.jpeg
    D1D3A9E8-5AA9-44C8-9734-251831428DC5.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 7
While thermostatic valves come in the more common manual form, they can also come in a digital electronic form. The manual type uses heat-sensitive material, which expands with heat to restrict the flow of hot water. On the other hand, the digital electronic type has no moving parts to control the amount of hot water released but instead uses semiconductor devices, such as thermistors. Knowing which type you are having is important before you start the repair work.

Reply to Thermostatic valve replacement problems in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
I Think I want a Thermostatic shower valve. Can these be added/installed to an existing shower?
Replies
Views
I am trying to install a new single vertical radiator and need to know if matters if the thermostatic valve is connected to the flow or return pipes.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock