Discuss Toilet ball valve wont fully shut off..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jerry20

I have recently changed a old toilet ball valve(bottom entry) for a new bottom entry ball valve, the old ball valve was filling near the correct water level then slowing down and then trickling for about 10mins before shutting off. The costumer was having to remove the cistern lid and raise the arm on the ball valve manually everytime the toilet was used. I changed the old valve for a new one, virtually the same, hoping this would solve the problem but no, it still does exactly the same thing. Ive tried adjusting the flow restictors, tried different ball floats, adjusted the mains pressure and still the same thing is happening! I am at a loose end i dont know what else to try! surly a brand new ball valve shouldnt be doing this. Iv actually tried two of the same bottom entry valves thinking the first one was faulty....... HELP!!!!

would I need to change the syphon or would it just be a straight swap? ball valve for fluid master?

Sounds like the ball valve is catching on something. Does it rub the syphon or cistern at all?

no, it moves freely, when its about to reach the correct water level the flow of water slows down gradually but instead of shutting off it just trickles and passes for about 10mins or so.

Hello,
no, it moves freely, when its about to reach the correct water level the flow of water slows down gradually but instead of shutting off it just trickles and passes for about 10mins or so.
This is normal for cistern ballvalves.
Best Wishes
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet ball valve wont fully shut off..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
D
The usual problem of quarter turn inlet valves not shutting off, so I eventually found replacement diaphragms 32mm... and although they fit...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Forgive me, I am a total please moving noob....so I'm assuming the answer will be "call a plumber" but it's worth a try. The shut off...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock